Wednesday 15 June 2016

CHICKENPOX

Namaste!!!

This post is about chickenpox. I thought to share my experience when I got this as it was very severe and painful and what should be done to save yourself from the pain and scars because you should not repeat the mistake which I did.

I got chickenpox very recently. I am 24 and if you get this infection in your adulthood it might be more painful. In my case it was the most painful thing in my life ever. The pain, the blisters, the scars and marks all were killing me. I was unable to eat or drink as my throat was also infected. I got zillions of blisters all over my body even on my scalp, ears, inside my nose, throat, eyes and the private parts. I am underweight with a weak immune system, so even when I was vaccinated in my childhood I got this infection. People with weak immune system are at higher risk of getting chickenpox in their adulthood.

It all started on 7th of March'16 when I visited someone's place and that place was already infected with chickenpox. On the very next day I got high fever at night. The next day I noticed that I am getting few blisters behind my neck and even on my scalp, still I thought they were some acne or pimples. Then I went to the doctor and she told me that it is chickenpox and she advised me to take paracetamol for fever and cetrazine for itchiness.

And then all the suffering started after 3 days. It became more and more painful and the blisters were growing bigger in size. Neem leaves were kept in my room. Non veg was not allowed at home and there were also other mythological things followed that are associated with chickenpox. But trust me nowadays none of us can follow these things actually. The scars are still haunting me. It's been 3 months now and the marks are still there all over my body. There are around 15 deep scars on my face.

On the second week I applied calamine lotion to calm down the itching and redness and took antibiotics for 2 weeks. Then in the forth week I visited the dermatologist and I was advised to take Microvir and Oriel tablet for 10 days. It did helped to dry the blisters and stop the itching but I wasn't able to see the difference in the scars. So now I have been advised to use Hexilak gel twice a day and I am still using it. There is a bit improvement but the deep scars are still there.

My advice to all, other then the usual things  :-




  • Immediately visit a dermatologist or you can even visit in the first two weeks. The later you visit the late the scars will take to heal.
  • Eat and drink foods that will cool up your body.
  • DO NOT TOUCH OR TRY TO PEEL YOUR SCABS.
  • Take paracetamol when you get high fever .
  • Try not to roam around or sit everywhere in the house as it could lead to infection to others.
  • Start up with your medications to heal your scars as soon as possible and use them as advised to get rid of the scars.
  • Also drink lots of water and try to drink coconut water daily. 
  • Include almonds & yogurt in your diet.
Hope you don't get this infection :)


Day 4
Day 9
Day 18
Day 45

No comments :

Post a Comment