Thursday 1 September 2016

YOGURT

Namaste!

I was never a big fan of yogurt, but from the time I have started using it I can see the difference and loving it now. The best thing about this is it is easily available in the markets and even we can make it at home too. These days I try to include it everyday in my diet, so it has to be there at home and this made me to try yogurt for the home remedies purpose also.
Yogurt has ample of benefits from health to skin to hairs. I started to include this in my diet on a regular basis when I got chickenpox. I was advised by the doctor to eat it or have buttermilk so that it could calm down my body temperature and stomach. It has some kind of bacteria which helps our gut and other stuff (you can google it). It is a good source of calcium and is low fat. I have also heard that Greek yogurt is very beneficial for health but I personally do not like the taste of it and who so ever is use to Indian dahi (yogurt) cannot eat Greek yogurt. Apart this lets talk about the benefits of it for skin and hairs.
These days I am using yogurt in my face pack as the pack is in powder form and to make a paste I use yogurt in it. It helps to moisturize the skin  and also helps in dark spot reduction. I use a very small amount of it with the face pack to make a thick consistency and then apply all over my face. I have also tried using it as a conditioner both as in a henna pack and separately too and it works as an excellent conditioner for my hairs. If you have dry and frizzy hairs you can use it once in a week or even once a month and trust me the results are immediate and amazing.
Yogurt face pack
I am listing down below the other benefits and the ways how you can use it :

  • Mix in face pack to moisturize, reduce acne, dark spots and it also calm redness
  • Use before bleaching as it soothes the skin and has also natural bleaching properties
  • As a scrub- to remove tanning from body by mixing it in gram flour, multani mitti or oats. It has lactic acid which works as a great exfoliator. 
  • Helps to reduce dark circles, you can directly apply it with a cotton ball under eyes
  • It also helps in preventing hair fall when you use it in a henna pack. Mix henna powder, potato juice, fenugreek seeds powder in it, make a thick pack and apply all over your hairs especially scalp and leave it to dry for good 2 to 3 hours and then wash it.


The rest what is given on internet I have not tried and tested on my self that is why I have not mentioned it. And the best thing about yogurt is that it is always going to moisturize your skin and hairs. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment